Friday, July 8, 2011

Wine and Cheese (...and marshmallows)

Happy Friday! It was a long hot week and I am glad the weekend is here. It was a short but long week… a four day work week (thanks to the Independence day holiday), but it was a long week, because it really meant now I had to do five days worth of work in four. Aaaah… now time for a nice glass of wine, or two or three. This chocolate covered little gem was a pretty easy marshmallow to make, tiny little bead fondants for the ‘grapes’ and a wedge of fondant cheese on a flat ‘plate’… its cheddar because I didn’t feel like taking out the colorants to shade swiss cheese holes.  The bowl for the grapes was a bit challenging, I rolled the brown fondant into a small ball and then used my Crate and Barrel hors d'oeuvre pick to make the bowl deep enough to hold the grapes. After I post this, I assure you I won’t be filling my wine glass with mini-marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment