Saturday, July 9, 2011

Strawberry Picking

Tis the season for strawberry picking. Well, the season for strawberry picking is almost over actually, but I managed to fill my pickin’ box with 10 delicious pounds. I had to check the farms picking hours online before I left, because when the bushes are all picked they close the farm gates. The farmers put little white flags in the berry rows that said ‘I ended here’ which I thought were most helpful to facilitate a good starting place for me to begin picking.  The berries were prime and as I pulled them off the stems made a really cool ‘pop’ sound which I didn’t remember that happening last year when I went strawberry picking. Appropriately, I made chocolate covered marshmallows with the cutest little strawberries coupled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment