Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Great Mail Day!

I just came back from getting the mail and what great pile.
1. A rebate check (always nice to get money in the mail),
2. A coupon to Ann Taylor (and I was planning to go anyway),
and
3. An invitation to my friends wedding (hooray!). 
It is a September wedding and there was a punch out of a leaf going across the brown ribbon of the invitation. I decided to take the punch out design and trace it onto my fondant. I used red, blue and green fondant and blended them together to create the gray-brown color. Then I rolled it flat and with my Showtime #13 sharp knife cut the little leaf out. I slid it onto the blade when I was finished and placed it onto the marshmallow just before the curvature dried.  I will wrap this little gem and put it in the freezer until September to give to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment