Sunday, July 10, 2011

Airport Open House

What a fun day! I made this marshmallow in advance so I could take it on location with me to a little airport Open House not to far away. I created a fondant “run-way” on my chocolate covered marshmallow, packaged it up and toted it in my mini-cooler to the airport. It was a gorgeous blue sky day and the airfield was loaded with onlookers and many small planes. The pilots and volunteer staff were so friendly and eager to give me a tour and show me their planes. There were Pipers, Cessnas, Gliders and a hot air balloon basket.  Between several small planes taking off (and two helicopter landings) I was able to get onto the edge of the runway to showcase my little marshmallow delight.
Here is another view of my tasty marshmallow inside the cockpit of a Cessna 172:

No comments:

Post a Comment