Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Snakey Marshmallow With Height

Today I made a very unique marshmallow piece that I have wanted to try for a while. It is an artistic design…contemporary design, maybe? I’m not really sure… I just started rolling and swirling the candy. I love rolling out the pure white fondant because it comes in such a large batch it’s always so soft and pliable. It was also so hot today that it was extra easy to mold and bend.  First, I made several snakey pieces. I put a dab of water on the first snakey part to keep the pieces together, then piled a few more snakey pieces on top of that, using tiny dabs of water to fuse the pieces together so it would stay firm atop a covered marshmallow. Rather than putting a star or another snakey swirl at the top of the design, I chose to mold a teeny tiny fondant marshmallow (heh, heh!). I like this unique treat, and in a pinch I could easily make a plate full of these snakey treats for a get together. The colored paper liner looks great with the all white of the marshmallow.
Challenge: Use the word snakey at least three more times today.

No comments:

Post a Comment