Monday, July 4, 2011

A Prize Winning USA Flag

Happy Fourth of July! After an amazing weekend with family and friends (and patriotic marshmallows) the long weekend is ending with a bang, literally! While I love sharing my delectable marshmallows, I could only make ONE of these sweet flags today. It is a true prize winner. I used a careful hand to perfect the fine detail of the stars and stripes together. I coated the marshmallow and added the red stripes and blue fondant portion for the flag. I used the Wilton Edible Star Glitter for the stars. They are the most peculiar embellishments ever. Each miniscule star flew out of the teeny tiny .04 ounce jar. I couldn’t find my bamboo tweezers so used the edge of my Showtime #13 knife to get the stars out and place them one at a time onto the blue fondant canvas.  There must have been a million stars in this tiny jar of edible glitter, but I only needed fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment