Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Elephants Marching

The elephants go marching one by one hurrah, hurrah..the elephants go marching one by one HUUraaaah HUUURAAAAH…….the song goes on…but I think its ants not elephants. Anyway, I love this sweet little scene of four elephants walking along in a line one after the other. I created a 5th little mini fondant elephant to go on top of my marshmallow. My hand molded fondant elephant is resting carefully atop a chocolate covered marshmallow in line right behind the 4th (and smallest) wooden elephant. It is mostly resting on the back two legs, as the chocolate marshmallow top was a tad sloped as you can see. I used my appetizer pick and knife to make the elephants folds and wrinkles, I also like how in some of the areas my fondant started to wrinkle like real elephant skin all on it’s on as it was drying out. I forgot the tusks but I there is a tiny pink mouth that I applied with my bamboo tweezers. A real elephant weighs about 12,000 pounds… my marshmallow weights about .5 grams.

1 comment:

  1. This looks like the baby elephant in the cartoon...''Dumbo'' !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete