Friday, August 19, 2011

A Mountain or a Mole Hill

The weather forecasted cloudy with a 40% chance of rain, and I ended up with 80 degrees and 100% sun. It was a great action packed day! I made several marshmallows yesterday so that I would have them ready for my trip to the mountains. I have them all on ice, and I can tell you that at my first stop today I found the ice was not holding out. I kept the fondant pieces separate from the marshmallows because I though it would help avoid any breakage during transportation and it did help in breakage, however, now the fondant art is kind of hovering over the chocolate covered marshmallow. But that is ok. The marshmallows (which were already a bit wonky) became a little melted and in one area cracked. But that is ok, too.  I think for my purposes of on-location marshmallow viewage you won’t be able to tell the difference. I think this is the first marshmallow to travel approximately 4,400 feet above sea level! I’m teary eyed….!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful place to take a hike... and enjoy a tasty marshmallow afterwards !

    ReplyDelete