Thursday, September 1, 2011

An apple for the teacher…and a banana

Happy back to school, for anyone headed back to the books this month. I created this really cool super red apple, the kind of ‘teachers apple’ shape. It was really easy to mold, and put the green leaf on. Then at the last minute tonight I decided to add a banana to go with it. The banana was more challenging, I had to get the curve just right, and then I painted the brown lines and bruises on with my fine brush and food colorants. I think it looks artistic! If I had more time today I would have added some grapes (which are easy) and some other fruit. Note to self: make a fruit salad marshmallow sometime soon.

1 comment:

  1. The banana and apple look so real....a true culinary masterpiece...moments from now...I plan on having a banana and an apple with my morning cereal !

    ReplyDelete