Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Labor Day Wellington...I mean Weekend

 Labor Day weekend is such a great three day weekend every year.  I feel like it's always a sunny weekend filled with cookouts and barbecues! (is there a difference between a cookout and a barbecue? ...I'm not really sure...) Anyway, I grilled out today and created an awesome Grilled Portabella Wellington to go on top of my candy coated marshmallows.... Then about two hours later made the real Grilled Portabella Wellingtons to grill up! The coated marshmallow has a half ball of portabella fondant, some onion and zucchini pieces and draped with a piece of “melting cheese”. I added a little yellow fondant to the white to give it that off-white delicious cheesy look. This was delicious, although, it was pointed out to me that my Portabella ‘Wellington’ was really just a grilled portabella with vegetables. Apparently, to be called Portabella ‘Wellington’ it needs to be wrapped in puff pastry…wrapping it in the puff pastry is what allows you to call it ‘wellington’. I think it sounded fancy to call them Grilled Portabella Wellingtons even if they weren’t wrapped in puff pastry, but in the end who cares what it’s called it was soooooooooo tasty! I’ll have to try making them and wrapping it in puff pastry next time, as that sounds pretty interesting too. 

Here is what the portabella looked like before I ate it. Rather than putting the cheese on last, I put he cheese on FIRST...................
 
...and then added the veggies. Next time I'll drape some spinach on top too!

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING !!!!!!!!...I WILL BE TRYING YOUR PORTABELLA RECIPE SOON...LOOKS DELICIOUS !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grilled portabellas and Swiss cheese are quite the paring...!

    ReplyDelete