Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pie in the sky

This is a miniature replica of a pie I made for our towns Pie In the Sky pie contest. I took away with 1st prize two years in a row.  I’m looking forward to this years fair for some good ol’ fashion home-town fun. I’d like to submit a pie this year that has a marshmallow base, or even a fluff base. I’ll have to think of a good on-site marshmallow to bring with me, too.   I always feel like this fair helps kick off the fall season.  Great detail went into the ‘crust’ of this very miniature dessert, with the lattice pie strips covering the tasty pie ‘filling’. I cut each strip to the length of the marshmallow and wove each one on top of the fondant pie. The chocolate curvature on the marshmallow is smooth and extra thick to help support the heavy pie. After I made this marshmallow I was inspired to move on to baking a delicious blueberry pie with the blueberries I had picked previously and froze.

1 comment:

  1. This looks exactly like a small apple pie I saw at a local County Fair this past July...I can almost smell the ...''apples'' !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete