Monday, December 19, 2011

Gingerbread House Open House

I love making gingerbread houses out of graham crackers and I tend to do so every year around this time. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any more festive, Nabisco came out with gingerbread flavored grahams! Excellent! Everyone has their own special way to construct their house that they think is the best way. I think the best way is to first make a box, with a lid on it, and wait a few minutes before setting up the roof. Many people forget to put that ‘lid’ on, and that is a tasty piece of structural importance.  I also use lightweight sweets on the roof top (marshmallows!). Using lightweight materials helps keep it from getting too heavy and collapsing the house before it dries.

I love the little green m&m wreath in the gable and the ‘dripping’ icing on the roof eaves. 
Uh, Oh, look again, I think someone is trying to move in!

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest Gingerbread House I've seen in a long time....it's absolutely beautiful..next time I go food shopping I will be looking for those...''Gingerbread Flavored Graham Crackers'' ...I didn't know they even made graham crackers in a ''gingerbread'' flavor ...see what I learn when I visit your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of playing candy land!

    ReplyDelete