Monday, October 3, 2011

Let's go surfin'

Catch the wave! An edible wave that is, with a little surfer dude riding it. There are not many warm days left before winter is going to set in and I thought I would swim in one more summery creation before diving back into the Halloween marshmallow treats.  This marshmallow craft took a steady hand to create the wave, let it dry and then mold a teeny-tiny surfer and his surfboard underneath. I rolled out the deep blue fondant very thin and then pulled at it to get a ragged and ripped ‘wave crest’ type of look. Then I curved it upward. It dried quickly because it was so thin. I then used my Showtime #15 knife to cut the surfboard and little person and chocolate glued the whole piece onto a white chocolate covered marshmallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment