Sunday, January 22, 2012

Painted Egg

I have been eating a ton of scrambled eggs lately. I decided a few weeks ago to start saving the eggs so I could paint them this spring. I carefully made a tiny hole in both the top and bottom of the eggs and “blew” the egg white and yolk into a bowl. Then I rinsed the inside of the egg shell out with hot water and let it dry. I’ve had about ten of them lined up on my kitchen windowsill waiting to be painted. Today I painted the first one. I cheated a little and used sharpie markers instead of paint. I think it came out really nice and I put a ribbon on it too, although I’m not sure where I’ll hang this. I’ll probably paint the rest this spring to give out as gifts.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! You could take some bare branches and spray paint them white and then get plaster of paris and fill a flowerpot with it and stick the branches in it. ...or...ask your mother. she has one all made for you already!

    ReplyDelete