Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicken Cashew on Romaine

My oven has been broken for a few weeks now. The stovetop works fine but I can’t bake anything in the oven part. I finally had the repair man come to look at it and he said it wasn’t something he could fix and I need to get a new one! This could be exciting, or a real headache. Luckily for me you don’t need an oven to make amazing marshmallows.
 ….And you don’t need the oven to make an aaaaamazing chicken cashew dish with mushrooms and spinach. I sautéed the chicken, then added fresh chopped spinach and mushrooms, let it cook for a few minutes then added a few diced red peppers and chopped cashews with salt and pepper. I could have stuffed peppers and baked (but I don’t have a working oven) so I improvised by putting the mixture into crisp romaine lettuce leaves and serving them as wraps. Putting the mixture into the lettuce was much fancier than making it a stuffed pepper.

1 comment:

  1. This looks so delicious..especially with the cashews...maybe I'll throw in a few ''mini-marshmallows''..ha-ha-ha- !

    ReplyDelete